Thursday, January 19, 2012

Card (Birthday) - Orange stripe shirt origami?

I can't remember how it started that I promised this guy friend of mine that I would make him a bday card. Apparently he remembered, so this was what he told me.......

" We were talking about what we like to do and I said I really like to make my close friends happy by making a special bday card for them. Then he said that his bday is coming soon, it would be OH so wonderful if he had one for his bday. So, I agreed to make a bday card for him without any clue of what card to make as I wasn't really sure what's he into. Then he rubbed it in and asked 'so that means we are close friends now?' " LOL

I was running out of time, so I browse the internet for ideas and I came across this darling where the invisible light bulb suddenly lite up. I can't seem to find the source for it.

I got a video tutorial on how to make a origami shirt from card-making-magic.com at:-
http://www.card-making-magic.com/foldedpapershirttutorial.html
They have really neat stuff there.

So, I tried making the origami shirt, and its really easy. This was what I decided to go for and I told my guy friend that he will definitely a card for his bday, then he replied " I was just joking about the card, all you need to do is belanja me minum. " I told him nope, no drink for u, a card or nothing.

Found a unique enough shirt on facebook which I can make a replica, hence this is what I came out with :)

 Front

Inside - Left

 Inside - Right
The stripes are glued on and drawn, it is not a stripe paper.

Inside - Left & Right combine
The shirt can be opened, I left a message saying that for year 2011, he celebrated his bday in Meeples wearing a similar shirt (YES, I made him come in that shirt :P) with rainbow cupcakes.

In case you were wondering what is 'Meeples', it is a place European Boardgame Cafe where you pay according to your playing hours. It is RM5 per hour, very reasonable. The shop is in Subang Jaya SS15, behind Chatime and Snowflake.
Address : 64-1, Jalan SS15/4D, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor
Phone:             03-5633 8033      



Face of a happy man !





3 comments:

  1. mayb you should start such biz..u hav talent..continue with ur great work...btw..my b'day is on Nov..hehehhe :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Err........still long way to go, lets see whether u still keep in touch with me till then :P. What business do u propose? Lol....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete